BVI are opening up baby! May 2021 Update
Which website should I follow for entry protocols?
Can I enter via ferry from St Thomas?
Yes. There will be only one daily round trip ferry service for this initial period. Further, ferry passengers arriving and departing the British Virgin Islands must reserve a ticket with the scheduled ferry operator through their booking portal. The new international ferry passenger schedule is as follows:
- All ferries will depart Road Town, Tortola for Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas at 10:00 a.m.
- All ferries will depart Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas for Road Town, Tortola at 4:00 p.m.
|Tuesday||Road Town Fast Ferry|
|Wednesday||Native Son Ferry|
|Friday||Native Son Ferry|
|Saturday||Road Town Fast Ferry|
|Sunday||Ferry operators will alternate|
Any subsequent changes to the ferry schedule will be announced.
How do I get into the BVI?
Can you recommend a travel agent who can help?
Do I need COVID insurance?
Are there taxis at the airport?
What if I’m vaccinated?
Effective 15th May 2021, fully vaccinated persons traveling from overseas a) require a PCR test within five (5) days prior to travel, b) must provide satisfactory evidence of being fully vaccinated, and c) will be subject to a PCR test upon arrival (day zero).
Fully vaccinated persons will be quarantined until a negative test result is received from the BVI Health Services Authority. In other words, if the test administered on arrival returns a negative result, the fully vaccinated traveler will be immediately released from quarantine (unless they have been in close contact with a positive case).
A person is deemed to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 two weeks after they have received both doses of an approved two-dose vaccine, such as AstraZeneca, Pfizer, or Moderna, and one shot of a single-dose vaccine such as Johnson & Johnson.
Fully vaccinated travelers coming into the British Virgin Islands will only be required to quarantine for 12-24 hours, according to new Cabinet decisions. This timeframe will allow for the day-0 test results to be returned.
If I’m not vaccinated, how many days do I quarantine?
What happens if I test positive?
Can I sail, swim or snorkel while in quarantine?
Can I get stuff delivered to the boat while in quarantine?
Do I need a covid test to exit?
Can I exit the BVI by boat?
Contact Julien at:
Are there fines for breach of COVID Regulations and Quarantine?
- Persons who deliberately tamper and damage the geofencing device face a fine of $2000.00
- Persons who engage in unauthorized visits with a person in quarantine face a fine of $5000.00
- Any person who contravenes the protocols or guidelines as set out in the Regulations face a fine of $10,000.00
- A fine of $500 for not returning a wearable device or device designed to enforce quarantine provisions and issued under a quarantine order of the COVID-19 Control and Suppression (Entry of Persons) (Amendment) Regulations, 2020;
- Impose a fine of up to $5,000 for the provision of false information in an application for entry into the Territory under the for failing to comply with a quarantine order a fine not exceeding $10,000.00
And, how do we say this, the BVI police have no problem enforcing the above regulations. Do the right thing and it’s all eyrie!