BVI’s are open baby! July 2021 Update
Which website should I follow for entry protocols?
Can I enter via ferry from St Thomas?
Yes. There will be only one daily round trip ferry service for this initial period. Further, ferry passengers arriving and departing the British Virgin Islands must reserve a ticket with the scheduled ferry operator through their booking portal. The new international ferry passenger schedule is as follows:
Any subsequent changes to the ferry schedule will be announced.
How do I get into the BVI?
Can you recommend a travel agent who can help?
Do I need COVID insurance?
Are there taxis at the airport?
What if I’m Fully vaccinated?
As of July 12th 2021, fully vaccinated persons traveling from overseas a) require a RT-PCR test or an approved rapid antigen test within five (5) days of travel. b) must provide satisfactory evidence of being fully vaccinated, c) receive a BVI Gateway Traveller Authorisation Certificate at a cost of $50, and d) be tested for COVID-19 on the day of arrival with an approved antigen SARS Cov-2 test ( day zero) and quarantine until a negative test is received. Continue to wear your face mask while at your facility and sanitise hands regularly.
If I’m not vaccinated, how many days do I quarantine?
What happens if I test positive?
Can I sail, swim or snorkel while in quarantine?
Can I get stuff delivered to the boat while in quarantine?
Do I need a covid test to exit?
Can I exit the BVI by boat?
Contact Julien at:
Are there fines for breach of COVID Regulations and Quarantine?
- Persons who deliberately tamper and damage the geofencing device face a fine of $2000.00
- Persons who engage in unauthorized visits with a person in quarantine face a fine of $5000.00
- Any person who contravenes the protocols or guidelines as set out in the Regulations face a fine of $10,000.00
- A fine of $500 for not returning a wearable device or device designed to enforce quarantine provisions and issued under a quarantine order of the COVID-19 Control and Suppression (Entry of Persons) (Amendment) Regulations, 2020;
- Impose a fine of up to $5,000 for the provision of false information in an application for entry into the Territory under the for failing to comply with a quarantine order a fine not exceeding $10,000.00
And, how do we say this, the BVI police have no problem enforcing the above regulations. Do the right thing and it’s all eyrie!